Weaving Project in Year One
Mrs Behboodi loves weaving and she creates beautiful tapestries at home. She said they take a long time to make, sometimes one or two months. She kindly brought her tapestries to school.
Mrs Behboodi takes lots of time and care with her work. She told us that she needs to do lots of maths when she is weaving!
We were inspired by Mrs Behboodi to do some weaving in Year One.
- We practised weaving strips of crepe paper and ribbon onto large frames or looms.
- We decorated our own strips of fabric using oil pastels. We also used Brusho to add colour to the fabric.
- When our fabric was dry we took turns to wrap and knot the fabric onto twigs and branches.
- We practised using both hands and working co-operatively with others.
- To weave, we moved the weft threads over and under the warp threads.
- We took time and care with our weaving, just like Mrs Behboodi does.