On Tuesday 6th February 2024, we will be celebrating Safer Internet Day!
This is a day dedicated to “…raise awareness of a safer and better internet for all, especially for children and young people.”
Even at this young age, it is important to have a shared understanding and dialogue about how to keep safe online.
In school we will be talking to the children about:
- What to do, if they come across something that concerns them online
- Keeping their personal information private (full name, school, address, passwords, telephone numbers)
- Being polite online and considerate of others
- Understanding not everything they see online is true or reliable
Here is a list of the online resources, you may find useful to share with your child at home:
- E-safety: What to do if you come across something that concerns you online https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5kW4pI_VQw
- The “Funny Tummy Song” using the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jvoCDuqz1M
- Hector’s World: Details Details (Episode 1) - Find out what happens when one of Hector’s friends fills in a form online with all his personal information! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEA7324y0OA
- Being polite and considerate online particularly when sending messages and photos to each other:
- Read the story "Digiducks Big Decision" with your child using the link below: https://www.childnet.com/resources/digiduck-stories/digiducks-big-decision and discuss the questions listed at the end of the story.
- Jessie and friends: Online internet safety videos for 4-7 year olds https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/jessie-and-friends-videos/