School Improvement Plan
Our School Improvement Priorities for this Academic Year 2017 - 2018
Each year we, as a school look at what we do well and what we need to develop or improve upon. This is called our ‘School Improvement Plan’ and it is written in October.
During the current school year, we have identified the following areas as a focus for school improvement:
Effective Leadership, Quality First Teaching and supporting targeted interventions, to enable all children to make at least good progress.
Area 1 - Leadership
- To ensure leaders at all levels are enabled to develop their skills and have a notable impact on school improvement.
Area 2 - Assessment
- To ensure assessment is used effectively to enable children to make good progress, building on prior attainment
Area 3 - Early Years Foundation Stage
- To ensure best practice in the EYFS contributes to whole school improvement
Area 4 - Support Staff
- To ensure that t`he support from Teaching Assistants has a significantly greater impact on pupil progress and attainment.
Area 5 – Key Stage One
- To raise the percentage of children meeting expectations in the combined areas of Reading, Writing and Maths
- To develop the provision for children Working at Greater Depth in Reading, Writing, Maths (girls).
Area 6 - Maths
- To narrow the gap in attainment for children entitled to Pupil Premium Funding in maths at end of KS1.
Area 7 - Literacy
- To narrow the gap between boys and girls in writing – targeting spelling and handwriting
Area 8 - Learning Behaviours
- Through the development of positive learning behaviours, ensure that children will make the best possible progress in their learning
Area 9 – English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- To ensure children at early EAL stages continue to make good/rapid progress
Area 10 – Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- To ensure children with SEND make at least good progress and narrow the gap between them and their peers